MEMBER OF ASSAM LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
SHRI BINANDA KUMAR SAIKIA
||66 Sipajhar LAC
|Father's Name :
||Shri Harendra Nath Saikia
||Smt. Kanchan Saikia
|Date of Birth
(With Birth place)
|01/04/1964, Duni, Darrang, Assam.
||Block-C-3, Old MLA's Hostel, Dispur, Guwahati-6.
||Vill & P.O.- Duni, Darrang, Assam
| Marital Status
| Date of Marriage
||Dr. Pranita Medhi Saikia
||M.A. (Political Science)
||Social and Political activist.
| Positions Held
- Chairman, The Assam State Textbook Production & Publication Corporation Limited.
- Member, Assam Pradesh Congress Committee,
- General Secretary, Post Graduate Student's Union Gauhati University-1991-92
- Vice President, All Assam Student's Union 1991-94,
- Member, University Court, Gauhati University in 1992,
- Member, Zonal Railway Users Consultative Committee, NF Railway in 1997.
- General Secretary, District Congress Committee, Darrang, Assam,
- Convernor, Research Cell, Assam Pradesh Congress Committee.
||Social Service, Games and Sports, Literature, Art & culture
||Music and Sports.
|Favourite Past Time and recreation
- One of the organisers of "East Zone Inter University Youth Festival" 1992-93 held at Gauhati Univesity campus.
- Playing drama and musical instruments (Guiter & Tabla) in School, College and University life.
- General Secretary, Reception Committee of "68th Session, Asom Sahitya Sabha" held at Sipajhar, Darrang in 2005.
- President, 438th Jubilee Celebration Committee of Khatara Satra, Darrang.
- President, Reception Committee of "5th Setu Bandha Samaroh" of Asom Satra Mahasabha, held at Khatara Satra, Darrang in 2010.
- President, Reception Committee of "15th Sishu Aru Aai Matri Samaroh" of Srimanta Sankardev Sangha held at Mahliapara, Darrang in 2009.
|Any other information
- Candidate of Indian National Congress in the Assembly Election, 2001 for constituency of Sipajhar and Secured 45,764 nos. of votes against the then Revenue Minister, Zoi Nath Sarma of AGP but lost the election with meager margin of 214 votes.
- Actively associated with various NGOs, Self help groups and socio culture organisation since long back and playing important role in public life and social work for the interest of the public.
- Elected to the 12th ALA as member from 66 Sipajhar LAC on 11th May, 2006 as a candidate of Indian National Congress.
- Re-elected to the 13th ALA as member from 66 Sipajhar LAC on 13th May, 2011 as a candidate of Indian National Congress.
|| Indian Natoinal Congress(INC)
|Date on which elected to
the 13th Assembly