SHRI DILIP KUMAR PAUL
|Father's Name :
||Late Sachindra Kumar Paul
||Late Ujjala Paul
|Date of Birth
|19th March, 1956, Place - Silchar (Hospital Road).
|Place of Birth
|Hospital Road, Silchar, Assam.
||Maulavi Road, Ambikapatty,
Silchar, Pin 788004, Assam.
| Marital Status
| Date of Marriage
|| 7th May, 1980
||Mrs. Archana Paul
- Primary Education completed from Durgasankar Pathsala, Silchar.
- Matriculation from Adharchand High School Silchar in the year 1972.
- Graduation completed in B. Com. from Gurucharan College Silchar in the year 1977, under Gauhati University.
||I hail from a traditional business family. Right from my boyhood, I was associated with the business of my family.
| Positions Held
- Joined BJP in the Cachar District as a Primary Member in the year 1983.
- BJP Ward President of Ward No.11 of Silchar Town from 1997-2002.
- Elected as Municpal Ward Commissioner from Ward No.11 and placed me as the Floor Leader of the party in Silchar Municpal Board in 2009.
- Vice - President of Silchar Town Mandal Commitee (BJP) in the year 2010
- President of BJP Town Mandal Committee in the year 2012.
- Won the Silchar Legislative Assembly Constituency (LAC) By-Election and elected as MLA for the first time on 13-09-2014.
- Won the Silchar Legislative Assembly Constituency (LAC) and elected as MLA for second time on 19-05-2016.
|Favourite Pastime and recreation (Hobbies)
||Travelling Reading Books, Magazines & Watching News Channel
||I was deeply associated with difference organisations/NGOs like Bharat Vikash Parishad, Silchar Food Grains Merchant Association, Bharat Sevasharm Sangha, Barak Valley Voluntary Blood Donor Forum, etc.
|Any other information
||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Date on which elected to
the 14th Assembly