SHRI DEBABRATA SAIKIA
||104 - Nazira L.A.C.
|Father's Name :
Late Hiteswar Saikia
||Dr. (Mrs.) Hemo Prova Saikia
|Date of Birth
(With Birth place)
|14th December, 1964, Nazira.
||C/6, MS Flats, MLA Hostel Complex, Dispur.
||Nandan Nagar, Sorumotoria, Guwahati 781006.
| Marital Status
| Date of Marriage
||One son & One daughter.
||Graduation in Arts from Calcuta University.
||Political, Social Activities and Entrepreneur.
| Positions Held
- Member of Assam Pradesh Congress Committee since 2004.
- General Secretary, Assam Pradesh Youth Congress Committee1992-93.
- Vice President, Assam Pradesh Youth Congress, 1993-96.
- Convenor, North East Congress Seva Dal in 1995-96.
- Appointed State Convenor of "Bichar Bibhag" by all India Congress Committee in 1994.
- General Secretary, Self-Employed Review Committee formed by Assam Pradesh Youth Congress (1992-94).
||Travelling to the country side and sharing moments with the local folk.
|Favourite Past Time and recreation
||Associated with Youth for Social Welfare and Probaah, two leading NGOs for community development. These NGOs serves at grass root level and is popular for its yeoman services among the community.
|Any other information
- President, Youth for Social Welfare (a leading NGO in Assam working for creating awareness on health, environment and social issues and help the needy below poverty line.
- President, PROBAAH (a NGO to help the Self Help Group and Work at the grass root level for capability building).
- President, Assam Netball Association.
- Working President, Maharana Athletic Club, Guwahati for three consecutive terms (upto 1996).
- President, Sivasagar District Tae-Kwon-Do Association.
- Charter President, Lions Club of Pragyotishpur, Guwahati.
- Vice President, All India Centre for Urban & Rural Development Assam Pradesh Branch.
- Vice President, Assam Sewa Samity.
- Executive Member, Assam Olympic Association from 1994 to 1998 and from 2007.
- Advisor, Assam Carom Association from 1993 till 1996.
- President, Assam Archery Association from 1994 to 1996.
- Vice President, All Assam Taekwon do Association.
- Vice President, Netball Federation of India
|Date on which elected to
the 13th Assembly