SHRI PRAFULLA KUMAR MAHANTA
|Father's Name :
||Shri Deba Kanta Mahanta
||Smti Lakshmi Prova Mahanta
|Date of Birth
(With Birth place)
|23-12-1952 at Village-Uluoni, Ruparayan Satra Kaliabor, Nagaon.
||Old MLA Hostel, Dispur, Guwahati-6.
||Sankar Mandir Road, Amolapatti, Nagaon (Assam).
| Marital Status
| Date of Marriage
||Dr. Jayashree Goswami Mahanta.
||Two sons & One daughter
||B.Sc., LLB (Gauhati University).
| Positions Held
||M.L.A. 87 Barhampur constituency.
||Social Work, Reading, Swimming and Travelling.
||Keen interest in studying Socio-Political and Cultural Affairs.
|Favourite Past Time and recreation
- Persident, A.A.S.U. (1979-85);
- Spearheaded the six year long Assam Movement on Foreign Nationals Issue;
- Elected unanimously the President-in-chief of AGP in the National Convention held at Golaghat in October, 1985;
- Re-elected unanimously as President, AGP in January, 1988 at its Mongaldoi Conference;
- Participated in various cultural and literary programmes;
- Unanimously elected as Chief Minister of Assam by the AGP Legislature Party;
- One of the Members of the Presidium of newly formed "National People's Front ".
- 1991-1996, leader of the opposition, Assam Legislative Assembly;
- 1996-2001, Chief Minister for Second Term; 2001-06 MLA;
- 2006-2011, MLA Assam Legislative Assembly;
- Attend various seminar inside and outside the country.
- 2011-2016, MLA Assam Legislative Assembly;
- 2016, MLA Assam Legislative Assembly;
|Any other information
||Various articles in News papers and periodicals and published a book entitled "The Tussle between the Citizens and Foreigners in Assam."
|Date on which elected to
the 14th Assembly