SHRI RUPJYOTI KURMI
|Father's Name :
||Lt. Cheniram Kurmi.
||Lt. Rupam Kurmi(Former Cabiner Minister, Assam).
|Date of Birth
(With Birth place)
|24-07-1977(at Dibrugarh Medical College).
||Old MLA Hostel,
| Marital Status
| Date of Marriage
||Politician and Business.
| Positions Held
- First time in the year 2006 - 12th Legislative Assembly
- Second time in the year 2011 - 13th Legislative Assembly
- Director, Blood Doner's Club, Mariani.
- Chief Advisor, Rupam Kurmi Memorial Ambulance Service
- President, Mariani Eco-club
- Adviser, Mariani Friends (NGO)
- APCC, Member
- President, Assam Throwball Association
- President, Mariani Cultural Troupe
- President, Mariani Sports Association
- Adviser, Assam Chah Mazdoor Sangha, (Jorhat Branch)
- Technical Member Mariani Karate Club
||To serve people, and doing something new for my Mariani and as well as for our Assam.
|Favourite Past Time and recreation
||Being with my son and family.
||I am connected with many social and cultural organisation of Mariani, and we promote competition little Singing, Dancing, Drama, Organised Blood Donation Camp, Flood Camp Plantation Programmes, Organise Football, Cricket, Volleyball and Carrom board competition every year in memory of my mother Lt. Rupam Kurmi.
|Any other information
||My Father Late C. R. Kurmi, was an employee of Assam Chah Mazdoor Sangha. He was general Secretary of Margherita Branch, till his death on 29th Jan, 1990. My mother Late Rupam Kurmi was a former Cabinet Minister of Assam since 2001 to 2004 till her death on 4th Feb., 2004. She was 1st Tea Garden Lady Graduate. My wife Manchuria Bordoloi Kurmi(Matu) is from Tarajan Sonari Gaon. She is M.A. in Economics 1st Class 1st and presently doing M. Phil from Dibrugarh University and wishes to do Ph.D. My son Nirvan Kurmi(Gigi), 1st went to school when he was 26 months, Kidzee and now he is grown up, he reached Class-I (Carmel School, Jorhat) our family together. We like to watch film, and outing when get time. Every year have family tour out of Assam.
||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Date on which elected to
the 13th Assembly