MEMBER OF ASSAM LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
|SHRI TANKA BAHADUR RAI|
|Father's Name :
||Late Pancha Bahadur Rai
||Late Dhansiri Rai
|Date of Birth
(With Birth place)
||Qrt.No-11, Minister's Colony, Dispur, Guwahati-6.
||Vill. Nam Bagaribari (Singri), P.O. Natun Sirajuli, Dist. Sonitpur, (Assam)
| Marital Status
| Date of Marriage
||Smti. Chandra Maya Rai
||One Son and One Daughter.
- Previously Lecturer of College
- Deputy Speaker & Speaker of Assam Legislative assembly and Minister in the Assam Cabinet.
| Positions Held
- Lecturer, Lok Nayak Omiya Kr.Das College,.
Dhekiajuli,Sonitpur, Assam (July 1973 to September, 1973)
- Lecturer, Kohima College, Kohima, Nagaland(1973-1979)
- Lecturer(Part-time)Kohima Law College (1978-1981)
- Advocate since 1979 at Kohima, Tezpur & Guwahati
||Reading & Travelling
|Favourite Past Time and recreation
||Reading & Sports
- Involvement with welfare activities for downtrodden people and interested for rendering services for the upliftment of their livelihood
- Organising Secretary of Darrang Nepali Students Union(1969-1971)
- Member of the Executive Committee, Darrang College Students Union (1970-1971)
- Executive Committee Member (Departmental Representative) of Post Graduate Students Union, Gauhati University(1972-1973)
- General Secretary, Political Science Society, Gauhati University(1972-1973).
- President, Kohima Bar Association(1987-1988)
- President of the Reception Committee of the Convention of North East Gorkha Students Federation held at Tezpur, Assam (23,24 & 25 November 1997)
- General Secretary, Assam Gorkha Sammelan (1997 till date)
- Elected MLA from 72 Barchalla LAC from INC ticket on 13-05-2001
- Elected Deputy Speaker of Assam Legislative Assembly on 03-04-2001
- Elected Speaker, Assam Legislative Assembly with effect from 29th May, 2006.
|Any other information
- Conference of All India Presiding Officers of Legislative Bodies:
- Attended All India Presiding Officers Conference held at
Bangalore, Karnataka in 2002
Mumbai, Maharashtra in 2003
New Delhi in 2005,
Raipur, Chattisgarh in 2005
Golden Jubilee of Indian Parliament, New Delhi.
- Conference of NERCPA (A Regional Organisation of CPA, India Branch) :
- Attended 6th Annual Conference held at Naharlagun, Arunachal Pradesh;
- Attended 7th Annual Conference held at Guwahati, Assam;
- Attended 8th Annual Conference held at Agartala, Tripura;
- Attended 9th Annual Conference held at Gangtok, Sikkim;
- India and Asia Region C.P.A. Conferences:
- Attended 52nd Westminster Parliamentary Seminar held at London, U.K. in 2003.
- First India and Asia Region C.P.A. Conference held at Hyderabad in November, 2004.
- Second India and Asia Region C.P.A. Conference held at New Delhi in December, 2005.
- Attended 52nd C.P.A. Conference held at Abuja, Nigeria in September, 2006
- Attended 53rd C.P.A. Conference held at New Delhi in 2007.
- Attended 54th C.P.A. Conference held at Kualalampur, Malaysia in 2008.
- Attended 55th C.P.A. Conference held at Arusha, Tanzania in 2009.
- Attended 56th C.P.A. Conference held at Nairobi, Kenya in 2010.
- Attended 57th Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Executive Committee from 23rd to 24th July 2011 at London and CPA General Assembly from 25th to 27th July, 2011 at London.
||Indian National Congress
|Date on which elected to
the 13th Assembly